The A – SOL module monitoring portal allows for enhanced maintenance and yield assurance through module-level performance monitoring, fault detection and automatic alerts localized on a virtual site map for accurate troubleshooting.
The web-based monitoring portal can be accessed from any browser or from any Android or iOS (Apple) mobile device.
Module-level, string-level and system-wide PV monitoring is enabled by the SolarEdge power optimizer. Performance of each and every PV module is measured and communicated across existing DC power-lines in order to maximize solar power harvesting at all times and reduce maintenance costs. No additional hardware or wiring is required to transmit data from the power optimizers to the inverter; the monitoring sensors and transmitters are built into the SolarEdge power optimizer and solar inverter, all measurement data is transmitted over the regular DC power-lines.
The SolarEdge Safety and Monitoring Interface (SMI) enables module-level monitoring for third party inverters when connected to SolarEdge power optimizers.
The iPhone Monitoring App enables PV installers and system owners to perform remote monitoring on the go and in the field from their iPhones.
All these features enable integrators, installers, maintenance staff and system owners to improve the site performance, assure the system yield, maximize solar power harvesting and reduce maintenance costs by increasing system up-time and resolving faults more effectively. The SolarEdge inverter and module level real-time monitoring app (web and mobile) is free for 25 years.
- Tracks technical and financial performance of one or more SolarEdge PV systems
- Displays all installations on a map
- Enables logical and physical PV site visualization with real-time performance data for each individual module and for the whole system
- Presents historical and aggregated data, comparative analysis diagnostics and a guided root-cause fault analysis. All data is logged and can be securely reviewed and analysed at any time from any location
- Enables the creation of the physical layout (see tutorials below)
- Enables generation of comprehensive reports on site’s energy production, revenues and technical status
- Enables immediate fault detection and troubleshooting, efficient maintenance management, and site profitability analysis
- Configurable rule engine automatically detects problems, issues status reports and sends alerts via e-mail
- Remote service capabilities
- Interactive charts and site layout make it easy for installers to ensure that a system is functioning properly after installation
- The Playback feature visualizes the harvested power of a site during a selected time fragment
- The Kiosk display – enables the PV site performance to be showcased on a public display in spaces (such as building lobbies)
- High resolution data and visualization of past 12 months at 5 minute resolution